Sunday, March 30, 2008

Easter Dinner

Steve and Joseph can complain all they want about having to live with eleven girls, but give them the chance to do something like create a table center piece and they are all over it.




For Easter Sunday, I cut some kiwi to look like little Easter baskets and decided it would be fun to make a table center piece for Easter dinner. I jokingly told Steve to go find some flowers. Five minutes later the boy turns up with a bouquet of flowers he picked outside. Hello! I hired him on the spot!




Then I enlisted Joseph's help in constructing a bunny out of a hard-boiled egg.

The egg was still a little raw inside so, Joseph had to deal with some bunny leakage on his hand, but he pulled through it.



My proteges hard at work.



Look at that attention to detail!




Steve even came up with the idea to use some bed sheets for the table cloth (we're in Taiwan...we have to improvise).











A good time was had by all...























Oh and a shout out goes to my mom and dad for sending me a fabulous Easter package.
They don't celebrate Easter here but our school had planned a big Easter party for the kids. I realized an hour before the party that I needed to fill up 120 water balloons for the balloon toss. Fact: One out of every 3 Taiwanese balloons has a hole in it or completely malfunctions. But amazingly, my Easter package filled with 'Made in America' candy was delivered just in time for the party. Oh and they also sent me a TON of gum! Yay! The gum here lasts about two seconds and for some strange reason, a lot of the gum is cough drop flavored. Anyway, the balloon toss was fun but I forgot my camera so all I have is a picture of me and my gum.

3 comments:

GreenTaiwan said...

Thanks for always helping me to look so manly.

Jodi said...

Okay, Kiwi Easter baskets! You are amazing. Then the Easter bunny egg-over the top!

Georges said...

So Cute...love the kiwi easter baskets, Martha...Stewart!!!