Monday, March 3, 2008

This Is Why I'm Here (Warning: Viewers may experience toxic levels of cuteness.)

We had only been teaching kindergarten for three weeks when we found out some government paperwork restrictions would require us to temporarily change our schedules. We all thought it was pretty funny that Steve and Joseph had to switch over to teaching the 3 and 4 year old morning kindergarten classes until the paperwork issues were resolved.

After several weeks, I thought it was time to go and assess the damage, half expecting to see kindergarteners bouncing off the walls, hanging from the ceiling...mass chaos. Instead, what I found was a bunch of little lemmings hanging all over these guys with looks of complete adoration on their little faces...where is the loyalty?






Kid dominoes!



Really, is there anything cuter than little kids bouncing?


I kinda' miss these little stinkers.




Stanley told me one once that he didn't want to sit by me... I asked him to recreate the moment on film, however, due to a lack of theatrical training, he was unable to deliver his lines with the level of emotion given in his original performance.

Kindergarten Feeding




There is some serious snack-time discussion going on here...I had no idea 3 year olds were so interested in quantum physics.









Here are some of my pipsqueaks...they are a lot of fun...
















We had fun making kites and flying them around.




Right now, we're working on decorating these "crab shells" made from playdough. We read A House For Hermit Crab by Eric Carle about a crab who decorates his house with the sea creatures he finds on the ocean floor.


So, in case you're thinking it's all play and no work here...you're right. It's all play...and I'm loving every minute of it.

1 comments:

Annalee Taylor said...

It was so fun to watch these videos thanks for sharing! It looks like you are having the time of your life...I am so happy for you!