Sunday, June 1, 2008

Lukang

Okay- I lied...I might still make time to post a few more blogs...I lost my hair gel in Taipei last week and have spent the week trying to cope with frizzy Taiwan hair resulting from the really wet weather here- it's typhoon season. Yesterday we went to Lukang. It was raining and my hair frizzed out of control...it was so bad, Steve pointed out that my hair looked like the crazy girl on the billboard above me...that's nice.





I had never been to Lukang before so Steve and Joseph played tour guide. This video is long but it shows the level of quality they put into the tours they give...



We each bought one of these lanterns from this famous lantern painter.













This wooden shoe place is awesome: You pick out the color you want, they fit it to your feet and then they make your shoes for you right there.


I bought two pair.



The boys waited patiently while my shoes were being made. At one point, I looked over and they were staring at something with a look of shock and bewilderment on their faces...turns out they were looking at a little old lady and trying to figure out if she was a man or woman...is that really necessary?



Taiwan fashion at its finest...



I caught Steve red-handed with one of my fries hanging out of his mouth.

Sorry- this is gross but Steve said it needed to be documented and insisted on taking the picture. Last week I was running down the beautiful little bike trail that I love...enjoying the gorgeous trees and sunny weather...when I tripped and completely biffed it into the ground. After sliding face down on the pavement, I got up and thought...'wow- that was embarrassing- I'm surprised I'm not bleeding anywhere'...until I looked at my thumb. It was dripping with blood. I think the side of my thumb caught most of the weight of my fall because the skin was ripped off the whole side of my thumbnail- gross, I know...sorry. And my mom says scooters are dangerous...
I'm the one who's dangerous.

1 comments:

Melinda said...

haha! the video with the kid with the flap-bottom shorts is funny! Those are sweet. You could pull some sweet pranks with those babies!