Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Fortune Cookies and Murder in the Dark




I seriously love it here...every day is a party and sometimes I wonder if it should be time for me to grow up...but after three stressful years of teaching elementary...I'm hoping that maybe I deserve a little break. Saturday night, Jessica decided to make fortune cookies. We all pitched in and had so much fun.






On a side note, fortune cookies aren't really Chinese. Nobody here has really even heard of them. I tried explaining to my kids what fortune cookies were and I think one of them remembered seeing fortune cookies in an American movie she saw once.

















Sain is writing fortunes!











Time to lick the bowl!!!















Later, Mary, Tammy, Whitney and I stayed up till 2am to watch the live broadcast of President Hinckley's funeral online.

We have family home evening every Monday night complete with a lesson, treat, and game. Last night's F.H.E. was no exception. Mary gave an awesome lesson and I realized how thankful I am to have 12 more siblings that are probably the reason this experience in Taiwan is so sweet.

After the lesson and a treat, we played Murder in the Dark (or mafia). We turned out all the lights and used the whole fourth floor and the roof to hide from the murderer. Everyone decided to be stealthy and put on their Berhan sweatshirts.

I have a hysterical video of Steve and Jessica performing a moonlit dance on the roof (well actually there's no moon). I tried posting it but you can't see anything on here. Let me just give you some commentary: Their swan-like movements and graceful pirouettes silhouetted against the Taiwan night sky display their artistry and love of dance. I especially like the end when Jessica lifts Steve into the air as he extends his arms heavenward. Simply breathtaking...if only you could see it.

1 comments:

Annalee Taylor said...

I am so glad you are having such a good time...can you imagine if you hated the people you were with...dont think about it! ANyway sounds like fun...crazy that fortune cookies arent from CHina...who's the idiot that thought to make that one up? And to think.. all of America believes him...sad.