Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Taipei Zoo

I am one of a few lucky people who temporarily doesn't have to work on Tuesdays so we decided to take a trip to the Taipei zoo.



To get to Taipei, we took a bus that left at 8:30 and arrived in Taipei at about 11:30. We walked to the MRT station and ate lunch and some yummy grape icecream. The MRT system here is really user friendly. Here's Whitney purchasing a train token from a kiosk machine.








Here is a view of Taipei from the train.











The animals at the zoo seemed a lot more active than I'm used to seeing. The lions were actually awake which is something I don't think I've ever seen before.




There were some amazing butterflies in the butterfly garden.








The signs said, 'Don't feed' but apparently nobody cares.


Great Indian Hornbill


















Emily totally scaled the fence to get this shot...







Too funny!


















After the zoo, we decided to ride the train over to Longshan Temple. We found a place to eat dinner and then walked around this temple.















Then we went to this tourist night market called Snake Alley.

















For some reason, I felt the need to sing in this video and I wish we could mute it 'cuz I sound pretty obnoxious. Everybody looks like they're about to drop after our long day.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Look at your cute back ground! I love it!

Mary said...

It's wide! How did you do that?!