Saturday, January 5, 2008

A few things:

This is what the garbage man sounds like in Taiwan...he comes every day but Wednesday around 3pm and the secretaries bring him the school's garbage. He inspects the garbage and if it is not sorted out into the correct recycling categories, he hands it back and tells them to fix it. For this reason, we were given a special training our first week on how to sort our garbage into the five correct bins.



Another tidbit is that we are not supposed to flush toilet paper. That's a hard habit to break...I'm just wondering what's going to happen when I go back to America and still feel the need to sort my trash and throw T.P. in the garbage instead of the toilet...weird.


Here is a video of the "Tunnel of Death". We were told stories from past teachers who have had harrowing experiences here. I better clarify before my mom thinks I'm talking about "stranger danger": the harrowing experiences usually consist of a rickety bike and the driver of said bike losing control at high speeds while traveling between narrow cement walls. So far none of us have had any problems though- so I guess we really can't call it the "tunnel of death"...yet.


0 comments: