Sunday, January 13, 2008

McDonald's

Okay- I'm sure no one really wants to hear about us eating at McDonald's, but I'm sorry...This McDonald's is cool! It has three floors and huge windows looking out on the chaotic street below. I probably got a little more geeked out about it than necessary. There's something about living in an alien environment that makes me constantly look for any similarities or differences between home and Taiwan. It's weird to see and experience so many things that are completely strange and different and then find a few normal things sprinkled in the mix. But even the normal things are just different enough to make the experience weird again.


Oh...and I keep starting my videos with the phrase, "Here we are...." and it's getting ridiculous. Hopefully, I can break this habit but my little Berhan family won't let me forget it.

So, here we are...




I also filmed the squatter toilets in McDonald's but I won't put it on here. I've shown enough geekiness for one blog and I have to draw the line somewhere. On a side note...I've managed to steer clear of having to use any public restrooms (except for church buildings) and have not yet experienced the squatters. I have been forewarned that some places don't always have toilet paper and that to be safe, you should bring your own. Can't wait!

0 comments: