Friday, January 4, 2008

First Day of School

Morning kindergarten teachers on our first day of school.



Here's my art (creative exploration) classroom for the next six weeks. After that, I will rotate with another teacher and teach PE for six weeks, then Kitchen, & then Drama. We teach English in the context of these fun activities to make it more hands-on. The kids were so cute. There was one tiny, little girl who might not even be three yet. She must have been wondering what in the world her parents and gotten her in to. At the end of the 3 hour block, while we were singing some closing songs, I looked over and saw her standing there with one big crocodile tear rolling down her cheek. I can't even imagine what it's like for these kids to be in school from such a young age.




Here is my 11-12 year old class. It's 6:40 at night on Friday and these kids are still at school. I asked if any of them had school on Saturday too and some of them did. They have cram schools here where kids go to cram for their entrance exams into highschool. I don't know how they do it, attending school for sometimes up to 12 hours a day. It's crazy!




0 comments: